Qualification for Membership
- Corporate Membership shall be open to legal entities, partnerships or sole proprietorship formed, registered or incorporated in Singapore which are directly involved in the provision of services as funeral directors. Each Corporate Member shall register the names of its representatives who will be involved in the affairs of the Association.
- Persons who are eligible to stand as Honorary Life Members would include those who have held public office in Singapore and have contributed to the social economic or welfare development of the various groups in society. Honorary Life Members may be elected by the Committee at any General Meeting and shall thereafter be entitled to all the privileges of membership of the Association, including the right to vote and to hold office. An Honorary Life Member shall be exempt from any entrance fees or any subscription.
- Honorary Membership shall be offered to distinguished persons for such period as the Committee deems fit. Honorary Members shall be exempt from any entrance fee or subscription. Honorary Members will not be involved in the affairs of the Association.
Application for Membership
- A person wishing to join the Association should submit his particulars to the secretary on a prescribed form.
- The Committee will decide on the application for membership, and its decision shall be final.
- A copy of the constitution and byelaws shall be furnished to every approved member upon payment of the entrance fee.
- Corporate Members are entitled to all the benefits and privileges of membership with the Association and have full voting rights. They shall nominate one person from their registered representatives to be its voting representative. All registered representatives shall be eligible to hold office in the Association.
- Honorary Life Members are entitled to all the benefits and privileges of membership with the Association and have full voting rights. Honorary Life Members shall be eligible to hold office in the Association.
- Honorary Members are entitled to all the benefits and privileges of membership with the Association except that they shall not have any voting rights or be eligible to hold office in the Association.
- Only members who are above 18 years of age shall have the right to vote and to hold office in the Association.
Entrance Fees and Subscription
- Corporate Members shall pay an entrance fee of S$15,000.00 on admission to the Association.
- Corporate Members shall pay an annual subscription of S$1,500.00
- Annual subscription are payable in advance within the first month of the year.
- A member who falls into arrears with subscription or other dues shall be informed immediately by the Treasurer. If the arrears are not settled within 6 months of becoming due, the President may order that the membership be forfeited.
- Any additional fund required for special purposes may only be raised from members with the consent of the general meeting of members.