FOR THE PUBLIC
When to Register
The law requires all deaths (regardless of citizenship) occurring in Singapore to be registered within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Certificate of Cause of Death issued by doctors or Authorised Officers (i.e. Forensic Death Investigators) from the Ministry of Health
- Deceased’s identification documents (e.g. NRIC & Passport) for cancellation
- Informant’s identification documents (e.g. NRIC or Passport)
Free of charge.
Depending on where the death occurred, the following section lists the steps to take to register a death. Click here
To register a death:
- The informant must produce the Certificate of Cause of Death and other supporting documents (e.g. the deceased’s NRIC, passport or citizenship certificate).
- After documents produced are verified, the Registration Officer will print the Death Certificate.
- The informant must verify the particulars on the Death Certificate and sign the Death Certificate.
- The Death Certificate is issued.