In light of the announcement for Phase 3 (Heightened Alert), we would like to clarify the requirement for persons boarding harbour craft for sea burial from 14 Jun 2021.
1) There can be up to 2 groups of family members onboard the harbour craft, excluding boat driver, funeral and religious staff. The size of the group is subject to the prevailing restriction on group size (e.g. 5 per group from 14 Jun)
2) In all circumstances, the licensed carrying capacity of the harbour craft must not be exceeded.
3) There must be at least 1m safe distancing and no intermingling between the 2 groups of family members
4) The funeral/religious staff must ensure 1m safe distancing with all parties.
5) The funeral staff is overall responsible to ensure safe management measures are implemented onboard the craft.
6) In the absence of the funeral staff, the religious staff will be responsible for the implementation of SMM
Moving forward, sea burial may proceed without seeking MPA’s approval unless there is deviation from the above conditions.
Above reply is from Marine Port Authority ( MPA ) Mr Shawn Hoe
Jeffrey Lee ( AFD Secretary )